Our Gify Products
How We Work
Our New Article
This serum deeply penetrates the fibre to RESTORE your hairs balanced nutrition levels. After your 8H of sleep your feels Nourished, Soft & Silky Smooth. Add your 8H Magic Night Serum into your night routine , before bed.
Hair product of the week : KMS Thermal Shape Quick Blowdry 💕.
What’s so special about it? 🤷🏼♀️.
– Speeds drying time by up to 50%.
– Reduces friction when Blowdrying.
– Light conditioning
How to use it: 🧖🏽♀️.
Shake well and spray onto towel dried hair.
What’s in it?🙋🏻♀️.
AHA Structure complex
• Lactic acid, Malic acid – supports internal reconstruction.
• Polyquaternium 11 – evens out hair surface.
• Methylal – supports evaporation of water.
Hair styling done by Daniella from Jeauval Nicolway on @laurenjenae_ & @lorcia1cooper from the series Lockdown on @showmaxonline for @people_sa
Weak / damaged hair literally breaks off from somewhere along the hair shaft. Breakage is the result of damage. Dryness, over – manipulation, excessive heat – styling can all be causes of damage.
Hairs match overall hair length & have a white – looking bulb at the root. The hair has fallen out from the follicle at the end of is growth cycle. Shedding is a normal part of the growth cycle, on average we can lose upto 100 Hair’s per day. The hair that falls out is making room for new hair to come in.
We know it’s hard, we know those regrowth’s are out in full force but using box dye only creates bigger problems in the end. Here are a few reasons why you shouldn’t box dye :
• Your hair WILL feel like straw
• We consider box dye a ” One size fits all ” – In order to achieve the colour you want, your stylist considers several factors & creates a formula with different hues to make the perfect shade.
• There is nothing like professional application. In order to keep your hair healthy and avoid banding of colour it must be applied precisely from the regrowth to the demarcation line
• Your colour correction will cost way more than going to the salon in first place
Did you know wearing your hair in a ponytail everyday can cause breakage?
• Putting your hair in a ponytail in the same place everyday can stress your strands where the elastic meets the hair – especially if you’re wearing it super tight.
• Tight ponytails can also cause hair loss, yup you heard right ! This is due to consistent pulling of the hair. Tight ponytails can also stress the hair follicles around the hairline .
Ways to prevent Ponytail damage :
– Don’t sleep with a ponytail.
– Let your hair rest.
– Keep your hair nourished.
– Try alternating your styles with Twists, Braids and other styles in-between.
When washing your hair don’t skip the hair massage. Regular scalp massages enhance the blood flow which promotes hair growth !
6 CAUSES OF BROKEN HAIR :
- Lack of Moisture – we suggest doing a weekly nourishing hair treatment to avoid lack of moisture..
- Over Processed Hair – listen to your stylist when they say your hair needs time to rest. Over processing of colour can lead to dry/brittle hair. Your rest period should be of 4 to 8 weeks.
- Tension of styling – minimize tension-based hairstyles. Styles include – wearing tight extensions, clip-ins, sleek looks ect…
- Heat Damage – avoid using heat on your hair every day, take breaks in-between and ALWAYS use a heat protectant !!.
- Ponytail holder & pins – let your hair breath. Try alternating different hair styles.- Bobby pins are notorious for breaking hair , especially when criss-crossed for extra hold. .
- Improper Detangling – detangle in sections. This is will make the process much easier and also reduces the chances of you ripping your hair out.- be gentle. If you aren’t gentle this will just cause more hair breakage.- detangle in the shower. Conditioner & water work magic! This technique will make it a little bit easier. …Let us know if this helped you and if you have any other questions let us know !
Schwarzkopf Oil Ultime Marula & Rose Light Oil-in-spray Conditioner.
– The light oil-in-spray conditioner Nourishes and beautifies fine to medium hair types.
– The luxurious 2 phase formula helps to ;
1. Detangle hair.
2. Boots sublime shine & smoothness whilst ensuring the hair feels effortlessly lightweight.
Still not sure what the difference is between a Balayage or Ombrè? Don’t worry you’re not the only one. Read our post to find out more.
What is Balayage?
• Pronounced BAH-LEE -AHGE.
• In French balayage means ” to sweep” or “sweeping”. Balayage is the technique of free-hand painting highlights on to the hair creating a Soft & Natural graduation of lightness towards the ends. The Result is the look of Summers spent at the beach or the fresh unintentionally perfect highlights on a child.
• This natural looking highlighting technique is not just for blondes but is actually used in all shades of hair to add soft Sun-kissed dimension.
What is Ombrè?
• In French ombrè means “shadow”. Ombrè is a dramatic, two-toned hair color effect that is typically darker at the top and lighter on the bottom.
• Ombrè is versatile, customized & suitable for most hair.
Product of the week
Awapuhi Moisturizing Lather Shampoo & Awapuhi Keratin Cream Rinse
Moisturizing Lather Shampoo :
For a hydrating , repairing & protecting hair cleanse, this moisturizing lather Shampoo is a color-safe shampoo that replenishes strands for healthy-looking hair. The Awapuhi extract provides Moisture balance and Glamorous shine.
Keratin Cream Rinse :
The keratin cream rinse for Silky daily conditioning, strengthens & proctects the hair while detangling for hair this is manageable , smooth and healthy-looking. Every strand is protected by KeraTriplex technology while Awapuhi ginger extract works to make hair softer and adds shine. Protect , Repair & Restore hair with Keratin Cream Rinse.
Are you Washing and Conditioning properly? 🤷🏻♀️👀
SHAMPOO 🧖🏽♀️ :
Did you know that the correct way to wash your hair is by Shampooing twice? Here’s why ⬇️ :
The reason you need to Shampoo twice is because the FIRST shampoo REMOVES all that build up (pollution and product build up) , the SECOND wash is for the NOURISHING PROPERTIES of the shampoo to get to work – whatever your hair is lacking , may it be Moisture or Protein.
CONDITIONER 💆🏻♀️ :
Are you finishing your conditioner before your shampoo? You’re obviously applying WAY too much. The correct way to condition your hair is by applying your conditioner from MID LENGTHS to ENDS – if you are applying on your roots this will cause your hair to become flat and cause Flyaway’s . One of the most important steps is to comb through the conditioner with a WIDE-TOOTHED COMB or TANGLE TEEZER. Don’t use a normal brush as your hair is alot more prone to breakage when it’s wet.